Easy New Year’s Eve Makeup
Happy Friday, loves! Today I thought I would share a super easy makeup look that is perfect for a New Year’s Eve party or even a casual get together. This look is so easy to achieve and it will go with any outfit! There are two stars of the show that make this makeup look pop and will definitely make you stand out: glittery shadow and a bold, red lip. It’s New Year’s Eve, after all! So to me, it’s the perfect time to go out of your makeup comfort zone if you aren’t used to glitter and bright lips.
I personally LOVE the way glitter looks on the eye, but it’s definitely not fun to apply because it gets everywhere and it’s just not easy to work with. That was until Stila came out with THIS glitter eye shadow. It’s seriously the BEST product to use if you want a glittery eye because of it’s a “gel-like” consistency rather than loose glitter. The applicator also makes it so simple to apply the glitter, and the pigment is UNREAL. Adding in a bold red lip just finishes off the look. I have been obsessed with the Bite Beauty Lip Crayons. Because of it’s shape, you don’t even have to use lip liner. The colors are all so rich and creamy, and the color payoff is really beautiful.
How to achieve the look:
- With a fluffy blending brush, sweep a light brown shadow like this one all over your crease, blending from outer corner to inner corner. You can be messy with this, just make sure the color is blended evenly with no harsh lines. Pack on and blend this color all through your crease until it’s at the shade you want.
- Apply the Stila Liquid Glitter Eye Shadow all over your lid. I used the color Smoky Storm, but there are many other gorgeous shades to choose from. If you want the glitter to be a little more subtle (like mine), you can diffuse the pigment a little by blending the glitter with a flat eye shadow brush.
- Apply that same brown shadow to your lower lash line with a small blending brush. Applying shadow to your lower lash line really makes your eyes pop. I can’t do my makeup without this step.
- Tightline your lower lash line with black or dark brown shadow using a small pencil brush. I like this technique better than using eyeliner because it provides more of a smoky, diffused look.
- Finish off your look by adding a bright red lip. I LOVE this color by Bite Beauty. I think it’s the perfect red that looks good on any skin tone. And like I said before, I love their Lip Crayons because they apply really precisely and don’t bleed (like lots of red lipsticks do).
Other products used:
Primer – Two Faced Hangover Rx. This is my favorite hydrating primer.
Foundation – LA Girl Liquid Foundation in Warm Beige.
Concealer – MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW30.
Setting Powder – Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder to set my concealer.
Bronzer – Hourglass Ambient Lighting Bronzer in Radiant Bronze Light.
Blush – MAC Powder Blush in Melba (my favorite blush of all time).
Highlight – Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Euphoric Strobe Light (my favorite for a natural highlight).
Mascara – L’Oreal Voluminous Superstar. This is a duel-ended mascara with a primer on one side and mascara on the other. I use the primer first and pack it on my lashes. Then I go in with the IT Cosmetics Superhero mascara. This is my favorite combination lately, and I get so many people thinking I’m wearing falsies!
Thank y’all for reading! What are everyone’s plans for New Year’s? We usually go out of town or have a get together at our house, but I think this year will be really low key for us, which I’m super excited about. Wherever you are and whatever you do, have fun and be safe! Talk to y’all in 2018!!